Friday 6 November 2015

More updates on the popomatic!

Last week I received the optical hardboards (basically just really dense polystyrene sandwiched by card) which shall protect our eyes from the laser beam and shall be placed on both the top and bottom lids of the popomatics! The laser used shall be a class 3b laser that is hazardous for the eyes, thus, we must implement some safety measures.

I must admit, I did crack a few of the pieces of optical hardboard whilst I was cutting out the first pieces! Whoops - but I got there in the end! :)

In the following images you'll see me draw and cut out the pieces I need from the optical hardboard. A future blog post shall hopefully see me stick the pieces onto the lids!







Colouring pencils! Feels like I'm doing art coursework for school! ;)

Referring to my lab book for dimensions - that's why we need lab books!


The places where I needed to cut were drawn out...

...and cut out.




The left overs look a bit artistic!

The finished 'safety screens' and all the equipment I used - 'all in a day's work!' ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment