Friday 23 October 2015

Summer Placement is not over

Yesterday I received an email from my summer placement supervisor which included great news - my plastic tubes for the popomatics arrived! I was over the moon! :) It was so exciting to hear that something that I designed using CAD software was coming to life! I couldn't wait to see the finished product, from computer screen to reality. So I went up to the Plasma Group and had lunch with the lovely people of Plasma. My supervisor was there and greeted me with Christmas has come early for you! He had left the tubes wrapped in their packaging just waiting for me to unravel them. I couldn't contain my excitement. After lunch, I went down to the lab and got to work on unwrapping the packaging from all the plastic pieces.

It was so lovely to be back in the lab and it felt like I hadn't left. Once unwrapped the plastic pieces were SO SHINY! It certainly felt like Christmas.

Here are some pictures and a video of what I was up to this afternoon:


I'm coming home ;)

Woo! The plastic casings arrived! 

The lid


This is where the balloon that shall be popped by the laser will fit through before being pumped with air

Screw holes ready for the aluminium rail to be fitted


The lids

The lid fitted onto central column


The casings all unwrapped

After this I had tea with the new PhD students - it was great to see them again and have some #PhysicsBanter 

No comments:

Post a Comment