Sunday 6 March 2016

Stylish Academic

Stylish Academic, is an online lifestyle and fashion magazine for academics. I noticed they had lots of posts on what to wear for conferences but no posts on what to wear in the lab. So I contacted them via Twitter and we arranged a post to be written, titled 'Style Laboratory with Meriame'. This was an opportunity to turn the research labs at Imperial College into a photoshoot environment! #OhYeah #Fashionista #Fashion&Physics #StyleLab

After getting the okay from my supervisor from the Plasma Physics group at Imperial (and after a roar of laughter after he heard what I was going to turn his labs into) I got to work with a first year PhD student, Sam Eardley, to get those 'fashion in the lab' snaps! It was great fun just working out artistic shots and trying to mix laboratory physics and fashion! Who says fashion and physics don't go hand in hand?! ;) 

The founder of the magazine loved my article so much that she turned it into a series of articles! This was such exciting news! :) Never thought I'd have my own series of articles with Stylish Academic! Thanks Stylish Academic! :)

Find the articles below and subscribe for more:
Look 1 #SophisticatedFashionista
Look 2 #ParisianChic
Look 3... (coming soon)
Look 4... (coming soon)
Look 5... (coming soon)
Look 6... (coming soon)

Here are a few #StyleLab snaps that didn't make the final article - shout out to Sam Eardley for the brilliant photography skills:



















Feel free to tweet your lab outfits with the hashtag #StyleLab on twitter to @MBerboucha and @Stylish_Academi and tag your pictures on instagram with @meriameberboucha and @Stylish_Academic followed by the same hashtag #StyleLab - I look forward to seeing your outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment